Monday, February 21, 2011

Grandmom

She was diagnosed in June.

She started radiation in July.

She was 75 years old.

The staple of a grandmom: she crocheted, always had cookies and tasty cakes in her house, a fresh pot of coffee whenever you stopped by, and always always had warm arms for hugs.

Always signed her cards "xoxo"

100% Irish and proud as heck of it :)

"A tough old bird" is what my Pop-pop used to call her- and believe me she was all the way till the end.

She walked me down the aisle at my wedding <3

May you rest with the Angels and be reunited with our beloved Pop-Pop.

For you GaGa:

An Old Irish Blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you seriously MAKES my day, feel free to leave some love below!