Friday, August 24, 2012

Coffee Shop

Guess where I am writing this post from today?...I am at a coffee shop.
Yes, you heard that right a coffee shop :)
  Not the coffee shop I have created in my own kitchen with my Kuerig and flavored creamers where I pretend to be the worlds best barista and speak in my finest Italian accent... 
 I'm talking about my absolute favorite coffee shop-
 with the most gorgeous marble counter tops,
 most scrumptious croissants,
 and most delectable blend of coffee it is out of this world. 
I'm here for 2 hours...2 whole hours!!!! 
{I don't think there are enough exclamation points to follow that last sentence}  
The icing on the cake?  
The View is on in the background and I can actually hear what they are saying whilst typing!! 
And next is the news, oh how I love the news but have not watched it in months!
 Today this is exactly what this momma needed.  
I realized as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning that I needed a break. 
 I think hubby realized it too (is that a good thing?) 
Don't get me wrong I am head over heels in love with our family (most days anyway- I swear!) 
But every once in a while it is nice to just unplug from them.  
From the spills, the messes, diapers, butt wiping, breaking up the fights, feeling like a live in maid (who is unappreciated), digging through the buckets of toys to find that one action figure they just have to have, or their favorite green Hotwheels toy because it's the only one that will stop their tears.
It is nice once in a while to regroup and refresh on who I am.
It is nice to not be covered in mac 'n cheese {that I did not eat}
It is nice to not hear screaming at the top of someone's lungs because said brother took their toy and is hanging it over their head because they are too short to reach it.
The coffee shop is a whole different world.
It's like I've taken the momma rocket ship to another planet and landed with a whole new species of people...
At the coffee shop everyone smiles, cleans up after themselves and uses their manners!
I've also got the most lovely window seat in the whole shop too...oh I am on cloud 9!
 So ladies I want to encourage you to do something for you this weekend.  
Take that 20 minutes to enjoy  your coffee and book on the porch, lay in bed for an extra 10 minutes while your husband makes them breakfast, whatever your outlet do it!  
I promise you, you will not regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you seriously MAKES my day, feel free to leave some love below!