Saturday, August 11, 2012

To My Husband

Yesterday was my husband's 29th birithday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNY!!!  
I have pretty much been able to walk myself to the bathroom (and that's it) since the stroke almost 4 weeks ago.  
He has washed and folded every piece of laundry, changed every diaper, served every meal, started back to school shopping...well you get the picture! 
 We are celebrating his birthday tomorrow with a cake, a few presents, and close family.  
Unfortunately I have not yet been cleared to drive so he will be driving himself to pick up his own cake, boo!  Anywho I thought I'd write him a letter to let him know just how much he means to me, not just at this time, but all the time in my life.  
And I've decided to share it with you...shocking I know!

Here it is...

Hunny,

I cannot believe this is the 8th birthday of yours we are celebrating together!  I am so thankful and blessed to have you in my life.  Every single day I say a little thank you to God for bringing us together... for putting you in my life.  You are my rock, my peace, my strength, and sometimes my punching bag!  You give constant support to every single idea I dream up...even if you think I'm crazy!  You enjoy seeing me grow, and let me explore the world on my own without an ounce of spite.  I could never have dreamed of meeting {let alone} falling in love with such a selfless, caring, loving, man like you.  I love how we still act like love-struck teenagers and our late night chats when you come home from work.   Every boo-boo you kiss from one of kids sends my spiraling head over heels for you again!  Sometimes I think to myself what did I do to deserve a man as good as you?  God truly brought the two of us together, and certainly sealed the deal!  I remember being a little girl and playing dress up as a bride for my wedding.  I love that we still hold hands in the car, and every other place we can (when our hands aren't already full)!  Never in a million years would I have thought I would be so lucky to marry a man as great as you!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for always bringing out the best in me, loving me and our kids past the stars, and for loving us each and every day!

~Your sweetie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you seriously MAKES my day, feel free to leave some love below!