Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life Lately

It's been a while since I have updated you on the weekly happenings around here, 
so I figured it was about time!

1. Thanks to a brilliant idea from Emily I decided to teach the boys an important lesson about money.  I wanted to emphasize keeping some and giving some.  Hence these 3 little jars were born.  When each child accomplishes a task we ask them {helping fold laundry, cleaning up, putting away our shoe pile, etc.} they earn anywhere from .25 to $1.00.  They can either decide to keep all of it, give it all away, or keep some and give some.  So far this has been very effective and the boys are always so happy to give their donations to our church on Sunday.

2. Our oldest is in first grade and this week homework officially started.  I was honestly bracing myself for.the.worst.  I have the most dreadful memories of doing homework-even in elementary school.  I have tried to make sure his "homework time" is as stress-free and noise free as possible.  Usually this means homework is done after dinner, after the baby is already asleep for the night, and after bath time.  Usually it's around 6:30-7pm in our house.  So far so good {two days in haha!}

3. I started an intimate bible study with one of my girlfriends.  I've only ever done one other bible study and that was about 2 years ago with a large group of women.  I've wanted and longed to do more but they have never fit into my full time working, 3 kids with activity,schedule.  It's just the two of us and so far it is working great because we are so comfortable with one another that it is allowing us to be really open and sincere with our feelings and thoughts on what we are studying!

4. Our oldest also had his first math test at school this week and got an 8/9 which is amazing!  I always struggled at math and he seems to really excel and enjoy the subject which I am so.thankful.for.   It's really interesting to see how our children develop as they grow older.  What subjects they enjoy, will excel at, struggle with, who they become friends with, how they treat their siblings, etc.

5. Our middle son is adjusting to pre-k extremely well and for this I am grateful too!  He is out little introvert.  You know the slow-to-warm up child?  Well Ayden is our VERY slow-to-warm up child.  Like it could take him 2 hours to warm up lol!  But so far this year he has made friends, plays with kids on the playground, and has even requested a few play dates with children in his class.  He is maturing and growing up right before our eyes and I am just in awe of it all.

6. The baby has been teething. Not like up all night teething, but snotty nose, cranky as long as he's awake teething, going through three shirts a day teething.  This poor baby has got so many boogers and baba {saliva in spanish lol}that I can't keep up with it most days-ahhhh the joys of motherhood :)

I guess that about wraps it up for now.
What's happening in your life lately?


1 comment:

  1. hi there! newest follower to your adorable blog from sophistifunk :) so happy to be visiting your blog... the design is just too cute! speaking of cute - i LOVE the giving lesson you did with your kiddos! what a great way to learn the value of money! looking forward to reading more and would love if you followed back!
    xox
    ellen
    thishive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you seriously MAKES my day, feel free to leave some love below!