Friday, June 26, 2009

Buying local!

Photobucket

So today on my way to have my first dress fitting in Williamstown I passed about 6 fresh fruit stands. I couldn't help but remember all the posts from fellow blogger, Holly, about Jersey fresh blueberries and how delicious they are--not to mention loaded with antioxidants and lets face it I'm determined to eat healthy and drop another 5 or so pounds before my wedding in August. So i stopped at a local produce market and bought fresh blueberries, peaches, bananas, and a watermelon for myself and my family. Can't wait to cut them all up and start making some yummy snacks. Recipes to be posted later!

*Bonus* it feels good to buy local and support our local farmers and their families :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you seriously MAKES my day, feel free to leave some love below!