Friday, November 5, 2010

A loooong week!

This has been a very long week for us in our house. In addition to me having a throat infection (and we know mommy's don't get sick days) we have been struggling to get into a new routine as well. I haven't mentioned anything for fear of "jinxing" it but I can't hold it in any longer. This week I made a promise to myself that I would start having Angel and Ayden sleep in their own bedroom. With Angel, our oldest, we were a co-sleeping family and he slept in our bed till he was nearly 2 1/2 and we brought his brother home from the hospital. When Ayden was born we swore we were going to do things differently, but of course ended up not! Eventually we were able to move both boys our of our bed and into their own separate beds, but still in our bedroom. The thought of bringing home baby #3 and having all 5 of us in our bedroom gave me nightmares so I am trying to do something to avoid it. As a result we have all had a VERY long week trying to adjust to the boys sleeping in their own room. Ayden has done better with the transition than Angel but you can tell during the day they are both exhausted from waking multiple times at night :( As for my husband and myself I am considering this a dry-run for when we bring home the new baby due to how little sleep we have been getting at night because of the boys waking up. Some nights have been better than others and next week I plan on putting the boys in their rooms to fall asleep by themselves...this week i have been staying in there with them until they fall asleep and then tippy-toeing out! Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you seriously MAKES my day, feel free to leave some love below!